You are here: Home Liberal Arts and … Study Abroad Opportunities


LAS header stripe

The third LAS year is the best time for spending a semester or two abroad. Planning a stay abroad has to be initiated well before that. LAS students can go abroad via UCF partnerships, other Erasmus programs, the International Office, or as free movers. And all LAS students can study at any of the regional EUCOR universities during their time in Freiburg. 

UCF Programs

Students who want to go on UCF exchange programs should apply during their second year of studies. As an LAS student, you can find more information about how to apply on the
ILIAS Info Board

Erasmus "Restplätze"

You can also go abroad through open Erasmus places of other faculties (Restplätze). Here is an overview of all Erasmus partnerships at the University of Freiburg. Please note that deadlines, terms, and conditions vary between the departments. Some partnerships only allow you to take courses in a specific discipline, others are open. For questions, please contact the Erasmus coordinator of the particular faculty or the Erasmus Office. 

University of Freiburg Global Exchange

The Global Exchange Programs are administered by the International Office and are open to all students of the University of Freiburg. Deadlines vary and some are up to one year in advance. For more information on destinations, scholarships and funding, and on applying, please see the International Office website

Free Mover

You can also go to any university you like as a free mover. This option gives you a lot of freedom but it also means that you are responsible for all organization and administration yourself and that you will have to pay tuition fees. The International Office offers advising for students who are interested in studying abroad as free movers. 

EUCOR – The European Campus

The "European Confederation of Upper Rhine Universities" (EUCOR) allows students of the University of Freiburg to take classes at University of BaselUniversité de Haute-Alsace, Karlsruher Institut für Technologie, and Université de Strasbourg. For more information, please the university's Student Portal.